Difficulty Level; Easy
These reindeer noses are so cute. This tutorial uses an upcycled yankee candle jar, so has and airtight lid (or you could use a coffee jar). Therefore, this project was inexpensive to make and will make a great christmas food gift or stocking filler. There is also a reindeer nose free printable to go with it.
What you will need;
- A small jar ( I used a pre-used yankee candle jar, measuring just over 5″
- Scraps of Lightweight or medium weight hessian/burlap
- 2 googly eyes
- Red pom poms for the nose,
- Twigs for the antlers (i cut mine to about 5″)
- Twine to wrap around the antlers
- Twine or hessian ribbon for decoration
- Large packet of maltesers for the reindeers noses
- A reindeer nose printable tag (follow link below)
- Brown plain parcel gift tag to back the printable onto
- Hot glue gun and paper glue for the tag
- A red glace cherry for Rudolphs nose
Link for Reindeer nose http://www.designdazzle.com/2014/11/reindeer-tags-free-printable/
How to make it;
- Cut out a piece of hessian for the face (mine measured 5’x4′) and glue it to the middle of the jar using just a little glue.
- Glue the eyes and nose onto the face.
- Draw a circle around another piece of hessian using the lid and cut it out and glue it to the top of the jar.
- Cut the twigs to size and hot glue them to the lid of the jar for the antlers.
- Wrap the twine around the twigs to hide the glue marks and tidy it up, using just enough glue to stick it.
- Tie the hessian ribbon around the lid, making it look like a scarf.
- Fill the jar up with maltesers and 1 glaced cherry for the nose.
To Make the tag;
- Print the reindeer noses labels out and cut (I backed mine onto brown card to compliment the rustic look, or you could print onto card)
- If printing on card punch a hole at the top and thread some twine, creating a loop and attach it to the antler
- If backing on card, simply glue onto the card and thread some twine through the hole and attach it to the antler.