Difficulty Level; Slightly Challenging
I love bunting and I love the rustic look. So I loved making this. I’ve mixed a rustic style with scandanavian and have made lots of decorations this year in this style. Follow the link to view the other decorations in this style Rustic/Scandanavian Christmas Decorations. This bunting requires no sewing , just a glue gun (phew I hear you say).
For 9 Flags of bunting you will need;
- 3 1/2 yards of 1/4″ rope ( I got a big reel from hobbycraft)
- 1/2 yard of medium weight hessian/burlap
- I used 4 different cotton scandanavian fabrics, I just used scraps left over from other projects
- Buttons for decoration (or you could use ribbon or twine)
- Glue gun ( i’ve pictured fabric glue in the image below but didn’t use it and used the glue gun instead, but any strong multi purpose or fabric glue will do)
- Thread unpicker to fray the fabric
How to make the bunting;
- Cut the hessian/burlap fabric into 11 triangles, each measuring 5″ wide and 7″ long.
- Cut the scandanavian fabric into smaller 11 triangles, each measuring 3″ wide and 5″ long.
- Using the thread unpicked, pull the edges of both fabrics to fray them a little.
- Lay each scandanavian cotton fabric on top of the hessian/burlap and secure at the top with a little glue.
- Lay the flags out so they are about 3″ apart, then carefully glue the rope in top, leaving about 20″ of rope each side to tie and drape.
- Using a little glue, glue each button or peiece of decor to the middle of the flags.